NORTHBRIDGE, Mass. – Free Summer Sounds, Alternatives’ free summer concert series, begins Friday, June 29 at 6 p.m. with the Blackstone Valley Bluegrass Band. The concert is the first of 10 planned this summer on the plaza at Alternatives’ Whitin Mill, 50 Douglas Road, Whitinsville.
The June 29 concert will end in time for concert goers to attend the fireworks on Linwood Avenue sponsored each year by the Northbridge Fire Department.
Other concerts, scheduled on the plaza from 6 to 8 p.m., are:
- July 12 – Worcester Brass Concert
- July 19 – Ordinary Heart
- July 26 – Blackstone Valley Community Concert Band
- Aug. 2 – Midlife Crisis
- Aug. 9 – Dick Chase and the Millboys
- Aug. 16 – Chuck and Mud & Hole in the Dam Band
- Aug. 23 – Super Chief Trio
- Aug. 30 – Olde ‘Nuf to Know Better
- Sept. 6 – Help! Beatles Tribune Band
In bad weather, concerts are moved inside to the Singh Theater.
Bring a lawn chair.
Refreshments are available.
The concerts are cosponsored by Lampin Corporation and Unibank.