GRAFTON, Mass. — The Grafton Recreation Department released its guide to town-sponsored fall and winter programs, opening registration for popular after-school programs and trips.
The guide is available here, and registration may be done online or at the Grafton Municipal Center. Recreation Department offices are open until 7 p.m. Tuesdays and 4:30 p.m. other weekdays.
Registration is now open for after-school programs, including dodge ball, yoga and pottery painting along with babysitting instruction classes. Information about ski programs, basketball and February and April vacation programs is also available.
Fall and winter highlights include:
• Nashoba Valley Haunted Forest Trip: Open to Grades 6 through 8, admittance includes witch's Woods Haunted Hayride and the Halloween Scream Park on Oct. 25. The trip is $40 per person, leaving Grafton Middle School at 5:15 p.m. Registration deadline is Oct. 18.
• Build-A-Scarecrow Day: For the sixth year, mountings, straw and twine will be provided on Grafton Common on Saturday, Oct. 27, 9 a.m. to noon. Families must bring material for the face, clothing and any accessories. The scarecrows will remain on the Common until Nov. 5.
• Turkey Hunt: Grafton's sixth annual Turkey Hunt, a scavenger hunt around town, is scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 17, beginning at 9 a.m. on Grafton Common. Team entry fee is a contribution of canned goods for the Grafton Food Bank.
• Grafton Celebrates the Holidays: The town celebrates the start of the holiday season Sunday, Dec. 2, at events around Grafton, culminating with the arrival of Santa Claus to lights the Grafton Common tree at 4:30 p.m.
• New York City Christmas Shopping and Sightseeing: A bus trip to New York City is planned for Saturday, Dec. 8, at a cost of $49 per person. Bus leaves Grafton High School at 7 a.m. and returns by 11 p.m. Seats must be reserved by Nov. 16.
• Lake Ripple Ice Skating Party: Grafton's annual icy get-together is planned for Saturday, Jan. 12, from 3 to 8 p.m. on Lake Ripple. Snow date is Saturday, Jan. 19.