GRAFTON, Mass. — Grafton High School's DECA students placed in the top nine of their events at the DECA district competition in Boxborough.
This is Grafton High's first year competing in DECA, an international association of high school and college students and teachers in business. The organization prepares leaders and entrepreneurs for careers and education in marketing, finance, hospitality, management and other business areas.
Grafton High students competed against peers from 11 other schools in a variety of events, with student Cadrin Msumba capturing first place for his event, Principals of Business Management.
Also performing well were:
• Aafreen Syed - Principles of Business Management
• Meghann MacDonald - Principles of Marketing
• Nathan Margosian - Principles of Business Management
• Allie Nelson - Principles of Hospitality & Tourism
• Lindsey Sawtelle and Mohit Katyal - Business Management & Ethics
• Brittany McManus and Abby Cesander - Financial Decision Making