GRAFTON, Mass.--Here is a summary from the School Committee meeting held on Monday:
- The Grafton High School cheerleader squad placed second in the state championship held at Shrewsbury High School on Sunday.
- Schools Superintendent James Cummings updated the committee on the Southern Worcester County Educational Collaborative, a program designed for students with physical handicaps and learning disabilities.
- Arnold Lundwall, the Special Education director, presented an overview of the school-to-work program designed for special-needs students between the ages of 18 to 22.
- Two field trip requests were approved by the school committee. One for high school students to attend a chaperoned field trip to Costa Rica; the second is a science based trip to Florida for a group of sixth-grade students. Both trips are to be paid for by the families of students who make the trips.
- A support-staff contract was approved by the school committee.
- The school committee approved a treasury warrant for $279,206 to cover past operational expenses.
- The school committee approved extending the existing bus transportation contract with AA Transportation for the fiscal year 2014.